April is the fourth month of the year, one of 4 months with 30 days. It is spring here, in our northern hemisphere.
April’s birthstone is the diamond.The birth flower is typically listed as either the Daisy (Bellis perennis) or the Sweet Pea and the zodiac signs for the month of April are Aries and Taurus.
National Poetry Month
Sexual Assault Awareness and Prevention Month
National Autism Awareness
Stress Awareness Month
National Donate Life Month
Divine Mercy Sunday
Tax Day (taxes due)
1. APRIL FOOL’S DAY! Everyone expects something, so be creative 😉
2. GET THOSE TAXES FILED! (Due on 4-15) Hopefully you’ll get some $$$ back!
4. Don’t forget your assistant on Administrative Professionals Day! Pick up some fresh flowers or a gift card to thank them for their hard work! Everyone likes to feel appreciated and you definitely DO NOT want to be that boss that forgets!
5. In light of National Stress Awareness in April, treat yourself to a massage, yoga, or just take time to breathe easy. East Wind Long Island in Wading River offers some #amazing spa packages.
6. CELEBRATE ARBOR DAY AND EARTH DAY WITH A GARDEN VISIT!
Visit one of Long Island’s AMAZING gardens for a spring nature walk. Check out their calendar of events for more inspiration!
7. Try these Passover recipes!
8. Spectacular Meteor Shower :0
April 22-23, Lyrid meteor shower peak during a new moon will make for darker skies. The best viewing time is after midnight. The meteors radiate from the constellation Lyra but can be seen anywhere in the sky. 2020 Calendar of meteor showers and supermoons
11. In Observance of National Poetry month, visit Walt Whitman’s birthplace.
Walt Whitman Birthplace Association (WWBA) was organized in 1949 to purchase the deteriorating Whitman Birthplace from private sellers to safeguard it for future generations. In 1957, WWBA sold the Birthplace to NY State, and WWBA agreed to continue operating the Birthplace. WWBA fulfills the responsibilities of NY State by preserving the historic site, for sustaining the legacy of Walt Whitman, for presenting literary and artistic programs, for conducting educational programs, and for providing visitor tours. Check out their April events here!